We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to lead the software development life cycle of a proprietary software application in the retail point-of-sale and inventory management space. We call it Cloudsent POS.
- Be the resident expert, evangelist, and general goto person for any question on the technical side of Cloudsent POS.
- Translate feature specifications from stakeholders into deliverables.
- Establish sprint development timelines and release dates for patches and version releases.
- Staff and manage a small team of developers as necessary to complete systems updates new feature release on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or documented equivalent experience.
- 7+ years in software development. This is a handson position. You will be expected to be able to code and to review other’s code efficiently.
- Expert level understanding to SDLC and AgileScrum Methodology.
- Experience managing development teams.
- Experience in launching and maintaining software applications with rigid patch and versioning control.
- Experience in OoS payment gateway integration platforms and hardware are a plus.
- Ability to work independently without constant oversight and direction.
- Experience in retail based software is a plus and preference will be given to those candidates with documented experience in financial based software development.
You must have prior documented experience in the following technology stacks and / or be able to firmly demonstrate an understanding of them and their interoperability in a technical interview:
- Kubernetes Container Orchestration
- Apache Cassandra
- React JS
- Java (Client app is Android / Java based).
- Nginx reverse proxy for api4phpfpm.
- JWT Token authentication
- Go / Golang
- Full Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash)
- This is a full time position based out of our corporate headquarters in Pittsburg, KS.
- Remote / Work From Home is not available for this position.
- Full health insurance, dental, and vision insurance benefits.
- 401K retirement plan with company matching.